Our company is looking to add a new member to our exceptional Human Resources team. We are an industry leading Marketing and Management Consulting Firm. We have 11 offices across 10 cities in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario and serve a diverse corporate base of some of the largest clients in North America. We have a unique and challenging opportunity for the right individual to delve into a long term career with ample benefits and a diverse range of learning and advancement objectives.
We want to add another Recruiter to our Human Resources Team however, due to the nature of our business, we are looking for someone to learn the basics of Sales and Marketing first before advancing into the role. We only promote from within and find that experiential knowledge of our day to day operations, company culture and corporate structure is essential to be successful in a Recruiting and Human Resources role.
All candidates wishing to be considered for the role will be willing to start in an Entry Level Direct Sales and Marketing role, for a minimum of 2 weeks - 1 month depending on how well you perform and how quickly you learn. Once you have demonstrated a solid understanding, a valiant effort, and firm grasp of the necessary skills, you will begin your transition into a full time Recruiter and Administrative Assistant as a member of the Human Resources Team.
Full Time 40+ hours per week
In office, Monday to Friday 9:30am-6:00pm. Evenings and weekends as needed.
Long Term Career
Full Training Provided
Room for continuous growth and advancement
Full Training Provided
Great corporate culture, and industry leading clients!
Company Cell Phone (after probation)
Bonuses / Commissions (target system)
Weekly base pay (Salary)
Paid company business travel / business trips and vacations
Paid company events
Quarterly performance reviews
Review after 3 month probationary period; Promotions always available; Room to advance!
• Manage full cycle recruitment and selection from entry level to experienced professionals for multiple campaigns on a daily basis, which includes:
Drafting and creation of job postings
Develop and use proven, cost-effective recruiting strategies to fill job openings
Cold calling off of resume banks
Booking and coordination of interviews; candidate follow up
Reference and criminal background checks
Preparation of contracts
Must be well versed in company advancement structure, and have extensive knowledge of clients and products.
• Maintain human resources records, filing systems, databases and spreadsheets, and ensure they are accurate and confidentiality is strictly maintained at all times:
Basic payroll reporting
Basic data entry
Generating and updating tracking spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft Excel
• Performing administrative functions for the HR Team in a professional, confidential and efficient manner:
Creating marketing materials and other Company documents
Administrative support; answering phones, filing, faxing, emailing, organizing
Tidying and ordering office supplies
Social media monitoring and support
Support for HR Manager and General Manager; research and related tasks
Participate in special projects as assigned.
Core Competencies and Essential Skills:
• Customer Service Excellence -- Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
• Organizational skills --Superior office administration skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills and be able to manage multiple projects successfully
• Detail oriented -- Care and attention to details
• Communication -- Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English, ability to write correspondence related to the position. Will have a great phone voice
• Approachability - Through personal presence, must be highly visible/approachable
• Emotional maturity - Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
• Ethical conduct and responsibility -- Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest diplomacy of integrity, ethics and professionalism. Must be discreet with sensitive security information. Presentable office appropriate appearance
Customer Service and / or Sales and Promotional Experience Required
Administrative Experience Preferred but Not Required
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
Minimum typing of 50+ wpm
Ability to Pass a Criminal Record Check
18+ years of age.
The Ideal Candidate is:
Driven and Goal Oriented
Self-motivated and Hard working
Eager to Learn and Advance
Able to take direction; work well independently and also in a team.
The ideal candidate will be organized, intuitive, dependable, trustworthy, and above all else positive and driven to succeed. They will have an aptitude to learn, possess excellent time management and communication skills, and have the ability to follow through.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
The Human Resources role will only be given to an individual willing and dedicated to first learning the basics of our entry level sales and marketing roles. The entry level role involves direct marketing and promotions in a face to face environment, including residential direct marketing and on location promotional events. A mandatory minimum of 1 month in the entry level sales field is required; a gradual transition into the Human Resources will then occur depending on the results and effort demonstrated in the sales and marketing role. We are looking for commitment and enthusiasm!
Please send a proper resume with a cover letter detailing your interest in starting a new career, first in Sales and Marketing, and then in Human Resources.
We are located in Burnaby, BC.
Business casual/business professional wardrobe required. Dress for office setting. Please No jeans!
We thank all those who apply, however, only those chosen for a preliminary interview will be contacted.